Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ocean View with School of Fish and Seashells. Horizon Series

        Second in the Horizon Series, this piece was inspired by the numerous beach and coastal locations that I’ve visited over the years. Beautiful spots around South Florida, The Caribbean, The Bahamas, Hawaii, Tahiti, and Mexico are all among those that came to mind while working on the piece. Miami’s south beach specifically and its rich shade of turquoise green ocean was my inspiration for the water. The “horizon” in this piece is meant to represent fish in the sea. Growing up in Florida, and loving warm sunny climates is who I am. Having the opportunity to enjoy more time at the beach (just about any beach) and to occasionally hunt for that amazing seashell find is who I want more to become.

Ocean View with School of Fish and Seashells
Horizon Series
24" x 36", Acrylic Paint on Canvas. 2012
$450.00 - Directly from the Artist
Click Images for larger and Better Quality Pictures








5 comments:

  1. I love the colorfield style of this piece and the texture of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.K. says "I can feel the warm sand between my toes!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. C.C. says "New elements of sand and shells, and this really captures that day at Miami Southbeach with the rich deep green (I was at those beaches too!)."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The artist continues to surprise me with his talent."

    ReplyDelete
  5. "This one blew me away. I love it and I want to walk on that beach and swim in that Ocean."

    ReplyDelete