Thursday, January 26, 2012

Walking a Tightrope

The importance of this piece is primarily that it’s my first significant work. It’s an image and feeling that I saw in my mind during a short period of insomnia caused primarily by lingering physical pain and when the mind was racing with various thoughts that had never before been experienced at such a crazy level. Thoughts that are not all dark I might add. It’s the piece that inspired a desire to be creative in a whole new way, and that is to paint. I do not however see this piece as a direction that all other works will go…at least I hope not.


Walking a Tightrope
2012, Acrylic Paint on Canvas, 30" x 40"
Not for Sale. Remains in the Artist's Personal Collection

Click Images for Larger and Better Quality Pictures









3 comments:

  1. I think it is important for artwork to be able to evoke emotion from it's audience. This one does and speaks to me in a painful way. How does it speak to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.C. Says "I like it...! You really can see the emotion in it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.K. says "This work scared me at first and made me feel alarmed. But, it is an intriging piece and I am beginning to understand it more. The special thing about this piece is that it evokes emotion, albiet, sad emotion for me."

    ReplyDelete